Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday DIY: Homemade Baileys

The holidays are here and with it comes all the parties come all the boozing! We are big fans of ceasers and baileys for the holidays in our family.

A close family friend has been making his own homemade Baileys for as long as I can remember. Last year I decided to try my hand at it and now I will never go back to buying it! This version is so much creamier and goes down do much smoother, no after bite!

With loads of parties to go to needing a little gift to give and lots of family gatherings coming, it's the perfect time of year for you guys to test out this recipe yourself!

What You'll Need


INGREDIENTS 

-1 cup wild turkey 
-1 cup 1/2 &1/2 
-1/2 tsp coconut extract 
-1/2 tsp almond extract 
-1 tin condensed milk 
-3 eggs 
-3 tbsp choc. syrup

Put it all in an blender, blend for 1 minute and you're ready to go! 1 bottle of wild turkey makes just over 3 batches and each batch fills just about 1 empty wine bottle. I tend to keep empty wine bottles in the fall for when I make this and I have a couple more decorative ones on had for when we have company or to give it as a gift. 


I have also packed them up in mini bottles attached to mason jars with coco mix and marsh mallows like the idea bellow. The hard part is finding mini unlabled bottles so stock up if you see any throughout the year!



And lastly you can set up a super cute little coco station like I did for our party last night. People can make their own coco and add baileys, great for when you have family over. I also make coffee ice cubes to have on hand for those who like to drink it cold. They are stowed away in my frezzer in zip lock bags.




Hope every ones week is off to a great start and let me know what you think of the recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment