Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recipe: Burrito Bowls

For those of you that don't know me and Nate used to live in San Diego and we often miss Mexican treats. So from time to time I love to make some Mexican inspired meals  to fulfill our cravings. Burrito bowls is super yummy easy dinner that I will for sure make again!

You'll want to prep a few of the toppings the night before to make for a quick dinner prep the next day. I make my own homemade guacamole and salsa but you could for sure go store bought and not have to worry about the the night before prep. Though I think homemade tastes so much better and is much healthier of course.

Ingredients
Rice:
2 cup cooked brown rice (I prefer brown but you can for sure use white)
2 limes juiced
1 handful of chopped cilantro
1 stalk green onion chopped
1/4 t. chile powder
1/8 t. cumin
Salt to taste

Toppings:
1 chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces and cooked
Black beans
Chopped red and yellow peppers
Shredded cheese of choice
Plain greek yogurt (sour cream if you prefer)
Guacamole
Salsa

Stir lime juice, green onion, and parsley into the cooked rice. Season with  chile powder cumin and salt to taste salt and set aside.

Divide rice into serving bowls, and toppings and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment