Sunday, October 21, 2012

Recipe - Perfect Winter Soup!

Since winter is on it`s way I wanted to make some soup to freeze. I made Barbacoa Beef again this week and set aside the broth so I could use it for my soup base.

It is so flavourful that it takes little to no effort to make this soup!

Ingredients
-All left over broth from cooking barbacoa beef
-2 large boneless chicken breasts
-4 cups chicken broth
-2 cups cooked Orzo

Directions
Place  both chicken breasts in slow-cooker with remaining broth from beef. Set slow-cooker to high for 4 hours and after cooking let sit on warming mode for at least 2 more hours.

 Take out chicken and set on a baking tray. Use 2 forks to pull chicken apart in to shreds like you would for pulled pork.

Place shredded chicken back in broth and add 4 cups of chicken broth (the beef broth is almost too flavorful and needs to be cut down a bit with plain broth). Add cooked Orzo in, give it a good stir and then portion for freezing.

I got 5 containers filled for freezing with this recipe.

Feel free to add in any veggies in your fridge you want to use up in when you go to slow cook the chicken. Last time I tossed in some potatoes and celery I had laying around and it was just as great!

Beef ingredients that end up creating broth fro this soup before cooking the brisket

Ready for freezing! No pretty pictures of a meal with it yet cause I am freezing it all for now.


It`s that simple and I promise this soup is perfect for all the cold lazy winter days ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment