Monday, July 23, 2012

Adventures in Slow cooking: HealthyTurkey Chili!

Alright so yesterday I made my first attempt at slow cooker chili. It turned out delish! So here is my recipe for you guys to try out!

Ingredients

-1 pound ground turkey
-2 thin turkey breasts
-1 can pinto beans
-1 can white kidney beans
-3 14oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 a large onion
-2 tsp chili powder
-1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown your ground turkey drain all fat and add to your crockpot. Chop onion cook till translucent but not mushy and add to crockpot. Fill frying pan with water bring to a boil and add in thinly sliced pieces of turkey breast cook about 5 mins and add to crockpot. Add remaining ingredients give and give a good stir. Set slowcooker on low and leave for 5 to 6 hours.
I turned it off after the 6 hours and went to bed. Woke up did our mornning stuff and opened it up to enjoy a delish super easy lunch. 



I haven't used my slow cooker much and now I am wondering why because it took me maybe 20 minutes to prepair this and then I didn't have to think about it. I will now be on a slowcooker binge lol.

Alright I am off to get ready for our little adventure to Hintonburg with the pups! We're going to try out this gourmet donut place we heard about! 


No comments:

Post a Comment