Monday, July 23, 2012

Cold Thai Salad

Alright so unless you live some what close to me you have no concept of how insanely hot the next 3 days are about to be and probly don't care lol. I will spare you the whining, but it led to me wanting to make something easy cold and refresghing to toss in the fridge and eat over the next few days cause it's too hot to want to use the oven. Of course we are putting in air conditioners this weekend after the heat wave is over!

It lead me to finding this recipe for a cold thai salad. I made it tonight and let me tell you it was SO DELICIOUS!!!! I felt I needed to share the recipe with you guys cause it is now my new favorite summer salad and so easy !


Cold Thai Salad



What you need:

-250g or 8 ounces of medium width vermicelli noodles
-1/3 cup fresh lime juice ( I had enough with 2 large limes)
- 1/4 cup each of ketchup and canola oil (I used sunflower oil)
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp sugar
- 3 cups cooked chicken slicked or shredded ( I used a mix of chicken and shrimp)
-1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups mix of shredded carrots, celery and red pepper
-1/4 cup each chopped cilantro, green onions and chopped peanuts
- lime wedges on the side

Cook noodles, drain and run under cold water to cool.
Wisk together lime juice, ketchup, oil, soy sauce and sugar.
Toss carrots, red pepper and bean sprouts in noodles then add dressing and toss to coat.
Top with onion, cilantro and peanuts and squirt of lemon

I promise you will love it! Hope everyone out east makes it through this nasty heat wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment